The VoltLogic STATCOM is a four quadrant inverter that is designed for connection to the low voltage distribution network. It has the ability to export or import real power if a DC source is attached to its DC bus. The VoltLogic STATCOM can source or sink real power while at the same time sourcing or sinking reactive power.
Voltlogic is available in two models, to suit your power needs:
- In Inverter mode, VoltLogic is used to connect solar or wind or micro-turbine distributed generation to the network.
- In Charger mode, VoltLogic takes energy from the grid (or other generation source) and stores it in a battery of some type.
- In STATCOM mode, VoltLogic prevents local deviations in power quality.
- Control the network voltage at the point of attachment. This function takes care of the reactive voltage rise or fall by circulating Volt Amperes Reactive (VARs) in a direction that brings the network voltage within the required 'window'. [STATCOM mode]
- Inject real power from DC sources (solar, wind, fuel cells, batteries, other energy storage systems etc). [Inverter mode]
- Extract real AC power into a DC storage system or network. DC energy storage systems are set to become important as the new Lithium ion and other types of batteries designed for electric vehicles become available for either diversion into embedded domestic load shifting systems or for use while in the electric vehicle itself. [Charger mode]
- Control the power factor downstream from the point of attachment. The addition of a downstream current sensor to the Voltlogic STATCOM allows it to control the downstream power factor to close to unity and thus minimise losses. [STATCOM mode]
- Balance the voltages on three phase distribution transformers to remove negative sequence components. [STATCOM mode]
- Load leveling systems - energy storage systems that are widely distributed across the network
- Voltage sag mitigation - using both reactive power and real power from a small energy store
- Injection and Re-injection of FI (Ripple control) signals
- Harmonic cancellation
VoltLogic products are derived from single phase inverters but are specifically designed to be grid connected in the low voltage single phase distribution network (415V / 240V). They can be used in single phase or 3 phase configuration and are self sequencing.