Australian Energy Resource Assessment (2010)
Released in March 2010, the Australian Energy Resource Assessment examines the nation's identified and potential energy resources ranging from fossil fuels and uranium to renewables. The assessment reviews the factors likely to influence the use of Australia's energy resources to 2030, including the technologies being developed to extract energy more efficiently and cleanly from existing and new energy sources. Click here to download.
Energy in Australia (2009)
Australia’s energy supply is utilised for export and for meeting Australia’s domestic consumption needs. Energy exports account for 66 per cent of domestic energy production and domestic consumption accounts for the remaining 34 per cent. Australia is the world’s eighth largest energy producer, accounting for around 2.4 per cent of the world’s energy production. This report provides an overview of the energy market in Australia. Click here to download.
The Viability of Domestic Wind Turbines for Urban Melbourne
In 2007 the Alternative Technology Association released The Viability of Domestic Wind Turbines for Urban Melbourne report, which was prepared for Sustainability Victoria. This desktop study investigates the feasibility of small-scale, grid-connected wind turbines for urban Melbourne, outlines the findings of the research and highlights the issues, which may face the emerging market. Click here for the report.